Herb pancakes for dinner? Yes please.
Savoury pancakes are the best way to make the most of pancake day. Why not have them for dinner as well as breakfast?
- 150g plain flour
- 180ml milk (for a dairy-free alternative, use soy or almond milk)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried herbs of your choice (we recommend Lemon Basil or Sweet Genovese Basil)
- Serve with savoury toppings of your choice
- Enjoy a little extra salt to your savoury? Add in cooked diced pancetta, ham, or bacon
- Add some extra heat with chopped jalapeños
Sift the flour into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of freeze-dried herbs.
Beat the eggs and add to the milk, whisk together.
Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour and herb mixture and whisk until lump free.
Heat up your pancake maker (or frying pan) add some oil if required.
Add some of the pancake mixture to your pan and cook until browned on both sides.
Remove pancake from pan and add chosen toppings onto your pancake.
These are simple healthy and sugar-free herb pancakes made in only 20 minutes are exactly what we all need to bring a little savoury balance back to our dessert indulgent lives!